Monday, June 18, 2018

MUAs and My Obsession

Y'all, I have been watching these MUA videos a lot lately. (Make Up Artists, I know... I had to look it up too.) I am pretty sure I have even crossed the line into becoming obsessed with these videos. I legit will watch them every day, but I only watch a handful of people, so I basically watch the same people every day when they go live or post new content. For most people, this would be a little much, a tad over the top.... but then you add the fact that it is me, and it takes a turn. I become flipping invested in these people. Do you know what I mean? How many of you can identify with that after you have invested so much time into a series like Grey's Anatomy, or The Handmaid's Tale (ooo... that's another story for another time)? I mean, we all do right? We cried when George wrote 007 in Meredith's hand before he died. We threw the remote and cursed at Shonda Rhimes when McDreamy died and then swore to never watch again (even though we shamefully crawled back to the couch the next season anyway). So, I figured becoming invested in these MUAs is really just normal, over the top, Candice behavior..... until this weekend... then it all went south. One of the people I watch had a birthday, and I lost my ever loving, mind. I sent the girl a birthday present like I actually freaking knew her. On top of the fact that I already buy every darn thing the girl recommends for making her face look so flawless. CANDICE. STOP. She is 27 years old. TWENTY FREAKING SEVEN with porcelain skin, and blonde hair. I, however, am closer to 40, dark hair, and my skin is olive complexion. OBVIOUSLY what works for her will not necessarily work for me. But does that stop me? Heck no! This MUA said it is the most amazing thing since sunshine, so, I HAVE to buy it. So what makes this so funny is that I am not one of those overly girly people. I don't wear a ton of makeup, I don't play with my hair, or worry about fashion.... it is just not me. Yet somehow, I have enough makeup to open my own Ulta. I am subscribed to a makeup brush monthly delivery service. Until last year, I think I had maybe two brushes total... one for blush, and one for eyes. It's all so ridiculous. Even more so because... I LOOK EXACTLY THE SAME AS I DID WITHOUT ALL THIS MESS! All of this being said, let's get to the point. These videos bring me joy. These purchases bring me joy (because you never know.... it really might be the best thing ever). These purchases even bring my boys joy... as they laugh and make fun of me for having yet ANOTHER box waiting on our doorstep from UPS when we get home at the end of the day. It even helps me stay bonded with my mom, because I get to facetime her and tell her all of the hits and misses that I have recently purchased. So, I am not stopping any time in the near future...unless hubby cuts me off >GASP!< There really was no other reason for talking about this other than, why not?! I haven't blogged in forever, and there isn't anyone that reads this, so I am considering this my MUA shopping addiction confession. The internet isn't a priest, and I'm not Catholic, but surely this counts right?

No comments:

Post a Comment