Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Major Life Changes

God is just blessing our socks off around here, so I finally felt the need to post about it!

My first semester back in college went GREAT, I finished with a 3.69 for the semester (not quite a 4.0 but hey, I will take it)! I am currently in the process of finishing my TAMU paperwork, and am picking out Aggie classes for the fall. Don't worry, when I finally get to set foot back on campus as an Aggie again EVERYONE will know! There will be a major amount of WHOOPING going on I promise.

Dave and I have started the contract paperwork for our very first house. The loan has been approved, and we are going to the builders warehouse tomorrow to pick out flooring, countertops, etc. Now for most people this would not seem like that big of a deal I am sure, I mean we are 30 yrs old, most people our age already have a house. Well, we have lived in the most awful apartment for the past year and half because it was cheap, and well we could afford it. So the fact that we will now have a big garden tub (because I won't even take a bath in the one we have now), two bathrooms, and a big fenced back yard, and three bedrooms, and wood floors (because our one year old is allergic to carpet).... you guys have no idea. I have been on the verge of tears all day because my little heart can't contain my excitement!

I feel like God has allowed us to live through these first three years of our marriage and struggle like we have in order for us to reach this point so that we can fully appreciate our blessings. We have hit one huge mountain after another...but rather than give up we have learned to appreciate the beauty of the mountains that we have had to overcome. And now we will be able to enjoy the mountaintop while eating in our very own brand new home.

I truly feel like Cinderella ... my dreams are coming true, I am going to be an Aggie again, with a beautiful family and a home to call my very own. It has been a long time coming all I can say is God is GOOD...so Gig'Em all, Bless 'Em all, and Love to Everyone who might read this.

2 comments:

katy said...

How wonderful -- having your own home is such a blessing, and I know you will really enjoy it!

beckie said...

Congratulations! Buying one's first home is always a big deal no matter how old you are! Investing that much time and money into something is an enormous step. 30 is not too old to be doing it. I am at least a year if not two away from buying a house,and I much as I a dying to buy one of my very own, there are just too many other things more important these days.

Post a Comment