Monday, March 8, 2010

It was definately a man

I have already posted once today but this was just too funny not to share.

I had to read a story tonight for my World Lit class titled "Lysistrata" by ancient Athenian author Aristophanes. This entire play was about a war between Athens and Sparta and how the women decide to end the war by withholding sex from their men. Okay that in and of itself was silly, but entertaining... then it just got ridiculous.

After FIVE DAYS without sex the women are jumping the city walls trying to get to their men like they left their bottles of Prozac at home. REALLY? 5 days!?!

Here's how it goes down at my house:

>enter hubby< "babe the kids are asleep"
>I say< "and?"
"it's been a while" (heavy with implication)
"fine- but I have a paper to write and dishes to do so let's be quick about it"
"deal"
" oh and I'm not shaving my legs"

okay- maybe not THAT bad- but pretty close sometimes. Anyway- so I found it hilarious that this MALE author thought that even in a comedy women were so desperate for sex that they would climb the walls after five days without it. Silly silly man.

No comments:

Post a Comment