Saturday, January 16, 2010

day one with my yearly word

For me balance is going to be a hard thing to achieve and I am welcoming the challenge with open arms. I have learned a lot of hard life lessons along the road in my thirty years and one of them is that in order for anything to be done correctly God has to be in the center of it. I know this lesson in MY HEAD- not so much in my actual life application. So in order to strive for balance this year I am going to try to insert God into my day every day.

Today I went to my favorite church (which is in Dallas) via the internet and listened to a sermon by Mr. Matt Chandler called Feeding the Hunger for God. There are several parts to this series and I am looking forward to listening to more as the days come by. I hope that anyone that might stumble upon this blog that actually knows me will help to hold me accountable to this in my life. It is very easy to get caught up in the going and coming of life and leave out the One that makes it possible for me to be here at all. I know in my heart this is step one towards fulfilling the balance that my heart and soul so desperately need.

As per the sermon- (Isaiah 55 vs 1 -3) in my life I have already "come to the water". I have been saved and cleansed and I know that. But then I threw myself back into life without staying around for the "milk and wine" part. I didnt get strengthened and exhilarated. Kinda hard to lead a Godly life without it. So my prayer is that my daily (hopefully daily) time with God will be my strengthening time- my portion of milk as it were. So that I may become strong and ready for the exhilaration of being a child of God.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Candice, I love this blog and the truthfulness of it!
I think we all need our friends to hold us accountable...I sure do!

Post a Comment